Fresh lettuce wraps filled with roasted cauliflower tossed in a sticky Korean sauce, topped with crushed peanuts, chives, and sesame seeds. All on your dinner plate in less than 45 minutes.
- Korean BBQ sauce is the perfect balance of spicy, sweet and savory.
- Low carb.
- Such a satisfying crunch in every bite.
- Meat free for all my vegetarian/vegan pals.
Vegan Korean BBQ Lettuce Wraps
- 1 large head of cauliflower cut small florets
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- salt to taste
- butter lettuce cups
- crushed peanuts for topping
- minced chives for topping
- 1 Tbsp sriracha kimchi sauce or a spicy chile paste example brand: Wildbrine
- 1/2 cup liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1- inch knob fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 Tbsp arrowroot powder
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Toss the cauliflower with a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt, then roast for 25-30 minutes.
Blend the soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, rice vinegar, garlic, arrowroot powder, spicy sauce, and ginger in a food processor or blender until smooth.
Pour into a small saucepan and simmer over a low heat until it thickens.
Pour half the sauce directly onto the roasting pan, tossing the cauliflower gently.
Build your lettuce wraps by filling each cup with tossed cauliflower, kick it up a notch with crushed peanuts, sesame seeds, spicy mayo and chives.