Something about the savoriness of salmon paired with the sweetness of teriyaki and pineapple just makes me smile. This flavor-packed dish is the perfect meal post-workout, feeding several mouths or for meal prepping.
Teriyaki Salmon Fried Rice
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cube frozen ginger cube (fresh ginger if available )
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup pineapple (diced )
- 1 cup frozen peas & carrots
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Set oven to 425F. Place salmon fillets in a bowl with teriyaki sauce and marinate for 15- 20 minutes.
- In a hot pan/wok, add EVOO then place the salmon, flesh side down. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the top is seared. Transfer filets to a baking sheet, bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Once finished, remove from the oven and flake the flesh with a fork.
- Wipe the skillet clean, reduce the heat to medium, and scramble eggs. Remove from the skillet and set aside. In the pan/wok add EVOO, garlic, ginger cube, and green onion. Cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked, cooled rice, scrambled eggs, frozen peas & carrots, mix everything, allowing vegetables to thaw.
- Add soy sauce, sesame and gently fold in flaked salmon and pineapple (optional).
- Serve & enjoy!
I’ve always been a big fan of salmon, but when there’s teriyaki involved I become an even bigger fan.