Let me start off by saying that I LOVE mornings, there’s something about a quiet house, soft music and most importantly good coffee.
You can make this iced coffee quicker than how long it takes your local barista to misspell your name on a cup.
Today feels like my birthday because my favorite coffee add-in brand Turmeric Latte Mix which I use every morning in my coffee, sent me a box of goodies so I’d thought to share my everyday morning coffee ritual.
What is it? It’s a high quality mix of seven spices including organic turmeric with a high percentage of curcumin. (curcumin has many scientifically-proven health benefits, such as the potential to prevent Alzheimer’s, caner and heart disease.) That you add to hot or iced coffee and even smoothies.
Now firstly and most importantly the flavor is my absolute favorite part. The blend of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, chili, vanilla, black pepper and of course turmeric creates a warming and earthy flavor that pairs perfectly with a creamy oat milk or sweet cream. In short terms, it’s freaking delicious.
Not only is the flavor of this coffee ahhhmazing but the benefits are just as impressive.
1. Tumeric: Queen of anti-inflammatory and antioxidants. Can help lower the risk of heart disease and cancer.
2. Ceylon True Cinnamon: Anti-inflammatory and antioxidants as well as helps balance blood sugar levels.
3. Ginger: Anti-inflammatory, improves key risk factors for heart disease, helps muscle pains and helps lower risks of infection.
4. Whole Ground Vanilla: Enhances mood and brain health. Not to mention it’s delicious flavor.
5. Caradamom: aids digestive and antioxidant.
6. Chilli: stimulates metabolism and improves immunity.
7. Black Pepper: studies shown to enhance nutrient absorption in addition to improve digestion.
Tips on making the perfect iced coffee:
-freeze coffee in an ice cube tray to make coffee iced cubes. No more diluted watery coffee. Store these in your freezer and enjoy iced coffee year round.
-use cold brew coffee. Cold brew is high quality coffee beans that have been soaked overnight and then strained, rather than just brewing it in a coffee maker. The benefits are that it’s less acidic than normal coffee and easier on the stomach. You can buy cold brew at your local grocery store I personally like the Chameleon brand you can get it on Amazon here. You can also make your own which is way easier than you think! You can learn how right HERE.
Turmeric Sweet Cream Iced Coffee
- 1 cup Cold Coffee
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Latte Mix
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Cream Creamer (I like using the Chobani brand flavor name is sweet cream)
Pour your coffee into a glass, mix in Turmeric Latte Mix, add crushed ice and top with cream.